The association’s mission is to maximise mutual understanding between the investment community and the FMCG, luxury goods and food retail industries. It strives to achieve this by providing a range of specialist events and services.
CAGE is founded upon the principles of independence, democracy and equality:
- Membership is available to all eligible professionals from the investment community and from the FMCG, luxury goods and food retail industries.
- The association is independent of the companies and the institutions from which its membership is derived.
- The association is inclusive, not exclusive, and driven by its members' needs, not by financial motives.
- All members are of equal importance irrespective of the size and nature of their organisation: one fee, one member, one vote.
- The executive board is accountable to the membership and is aided and supervised by an independent advisory panel.
- The costs of the association are borne by the entire membership; any profits are used to further the aims of the association; the assets of the association belong to the membership as a whole and not to any individual.
- Members influence the shape and direction of the association and its activities via informal feedback, ad-hoc surveys and formal voting procedures.